…have you read the How To Use Email Marketing Effectively Instead of Spamming – part I?
Learn From Other People’s Mistakes
A proverb in my neighborhood says, “It’s only donkey who fell twice in the same hole.” For you who are about to begin using email marketing, don’t do things that had been proven didn’t work. From the facts list above, we learn that there are some forbidden things,
- Don’t do email marketing too frequently. Once a week is considered okay, but once every three days? Two days? That’s annoying. Some exceptions work, though. If you are having special event, it is okay to send your subscribers one or two additional emails.
- Don’t do repetitive and boring email marketing. Don’t behave like a college sending education publication with the same format from time to time. Keep in mind that your subscribers do not have the obligation to read your emails. So, be creative. Use interesting layout, good-and-approaching words selection… be outstanding!
- Do marketing, not spam. If you undertake the #1 and #2 excelently, well, the #3 is done, too.
- Don’t do exactly the same as your competitors do. Be recognized.
Load Your Gun and Shoot
No matter how good your plan is, it will remain a plan forever if you don’t execute it. Just make sure you read our helpful tips and tricks below so you hit the correct targets.
- Understand whom you are trying to market to. Without the proper knowledge of the types of customers interested in a business’s products and/or services, marketing tactics fail, no matter the medium.
- Put the “Subscribe to Our Newsletter” links on as much pages as possible at your website. Not too catchy, but enough to gain customers interest.
- Maximize the social media benefit. Nowadays, who isn’t into social media? Put the Like and Tweet button on your website pages. Be active in both medias, build an audience, e.g. people who would come back checking your accounts everyday and help spreading the words about your products at no cost.
- Put attention to the content. Instead of reading a very-ads-alike content, your subscribers must prefer a more-human content. Write the content as if you are telling your bestfriend about your great findings on the web.
- If you are currently doing email marketing, don’t forget to analyze the state of the current marketing plan.
- Set up your tomorrow email marketing strategies. Evaluate goals periodically to determine whether it’s okay to continue or it’s the time to change direction.
Those are the basic things about doing email marketing campaign. The rest are adjustable, depend on your business’ needs and goals. Good luck!