So, you’re opening an online store powered by WordPress. Do you have WordPress installed on your web host? Good.
If you don’t, download WordPress from WordPress.org and install it. Alternatively, if the web host you’re using offers a one-click install of WordPress, you can install it via its cPanel. Seek its customer support if you find any issue during installation.
Next step is installing WP e-Commerce. There are 2 ways doing it. The first is the same way as installing any other WordPress plugin. It’s quite easy, so let’s try it first.
WP e-Commerce Installation via WordPress Dashboard
1. Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
2. Go to Plugin > Add New. You’ll see a search box.
3. In the search box choose Term as search option. Type in e-commerce in the blank field. Click Search Plugins. You’ll see WP e-commerce plugin.
4. Click Install (under the Actions tab).
And that’s all. WordPress will do the rest. However, if you prefer manual installation, no big deal. Here’s how.
WP e-Commerce Manual Installation
1. Download the latest version of wp-e-commerce plugin from Getshopped.org.
2. Decompress the downloaded ZIP file. You’ll have wp-e-commerce plugin in your computer.
3. Open preferred FTP/SFTP program. Login to its server.
4. Upload the entire wp-e-commerce plugin to the wp-content/plugins directory on your server. You’ll have a path to the directory: WordPress/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce.
5. Login to your WordPress Dashboard.
6. Go to Plugins. You’ll see inactive plugin called WP Shopping Cart.
7. Click Activate. You’ll see Products appearing on Dashboard.
And that’s all. Time to fill up your online store with your lovely products and services. Good luck.